Use of this equipment allows the snorkeler to observe underwater attractions for extended periods with relatively little effort and to breathe while face-down at the surface. Snorkeling is a popular recreational activity, particularly at tropical resort locations.
The primary appeal is the opportunity to observe underwater life in a natural setting without the complicated equipment and training required for scuba diving. It appeals to all ages because of how little effort there is, and without the exhaled bubbles of scuba-diving equipment
- Teaches stress reduction and mindful breathing
- Increases Relaxation
- Opportunity to practice mindfulness: The exclusion of external stimuli from sound and normal sight makes a huge difference to how your brain functions (and relaxes) – it is almost a spiritual, other worldly experience.
- Provides a fun exercise opportunity
- Builds stamina
- Improves breathing/lung capacity
- Enhances Creativity: In our always-busy, screen-saturated lives, we don’t give our minds much of a chance to rest and wander freely. But when we do, the mind switches into a different mode of engagement, known as the default mode network — the brain network associated with daydreaming, imagination, consolidation of memories, self-referential thought, insight and introspection. The default mode network is extremely important for creativity.