Ropes Courses enable participants to grow at both the team and individual levels by exploring leadership, coping skills, communication concepts, problem-solving, and coaching. The Ropes Course emphasizes risk-taking, trust, and coaching. The challenges enable participants to expand their comfort zones—sometimes dramatically—and recognize fears that may block personal achievement.
Each moment is rich with discoveries, whether a person is climbing, encouraging a team mate or “on belay.” Participants use harnesses, helmets, cables, ropes and wooden beams strung 20 to 50 feet high among trees or poles to explore risk-taking, trust and coaching. The unforgettable experience of the high ropes course creates an atmosphere of excitement to test your mettle and a safe place to try something new with the support of your work team.
When groups or individuals go up on a ropes course there is a great opportunity for them to learn about risk taking, their own perceived limits, how they perform under pressure, how they give and receive support from other people, and how working with others collaboratively can help an individual achieve more than they thought they could accomplish. Participants appreciate the opportunity to interact with their teammates in a very different and powerful way. Our facilitators establish the context for each activity, monitor participant’s safety and help the team recognize valuable insights throughout the day.
The high ropes elements are up in the trees so the perceived risk is high, but actual risk is low. Participants walk across cable bridges, negotiate giant ladders, climb indoor rock climbing structures or ride zip lines as they overcome personal fears and develop new self-confidence. Our philosophy enables every participant to experience their own success in the context of their own aspirations and preferred level of involvement (challenge by choice)
- Demonstrates the importance of teamwork and cooperative effort.
- Increases trust by supporting each other and sharing ideas.
- Strengthens company-client relationships.
- Provides the components of risk and high adventure which, when completed, increases personal sense of self-efficacy and confidence
- Encourages participants to push the limits and go outside their comfort zone.
- Initially looks unachievable and ultimately can be conquered using persistence and focus.
- Allows group members to see each other in a new and different way (staff and clients)
- Builds muscle strength
- Boosts self-confidence