Joining a group of strangers may sound intimidating at first, but group therapy provides benefits that individual therapy may not. At Palm Beach Recovery Group, our groups are specifically designed to provide you tools toward successful recovery.
Group topics include: relapse prevention, mindfulness, family dynamics, cinematherapy, wellness groups conducted by medical professionals, music therapy and art therapy by trained and certified professionals, aftercare planning, intensive group processing, etc.
Given the adventure-based aspects of our programming, our group therapy tends to be experiential and activity-based in nature as opposed to simple “talk therapy.”
- Provides source of support and a sounding board.
- Develops synergy among group members
- Normalizes feelings, thoughts and behaviors we once felt ashamed about
- Enhances diversity and opportunity to learn different ways to cope via the diverse experiences and backgrounds from group members
- Allows clients to be active participants in the treatment experience